Last week I did a little house sitting for my lovely friend Brittany. She and her hubby have the cutest 'kids' and I watched them, along with my little angel (ha!), while they were on vacation.
It was such an enjoyable week. After the initial meeting where Wembly and Bowie did not get along so well, I was so pleasantly surprised when they became best friends after just a few hours together. That made my week so enjoyable.
I can't express how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED having a garbage disposal, dishwasher, washer and dryer, cable and MOST IMPORTANTLY - a Keurig. That thing is amazing!
At my current apartment, I just have this old trough sink with no disposal and no dishwasher, so I pretty much do anything I can to not dirty dishes or pots and pans. (Embarrassing, but I'm being real.) So rinsing off a dish and then putting it in the dishwasher was heaven. Not to mention the awesome washer and dryer (I only have a washer and hang my clothes up to dry, so I'm looking into getting myself a washer/dryer.)
The week was just so enjoyable and even though it took me a day or so to get into my new routine, it was the most 'together' I've felt in a long time. So thanks Brittany for helping me get my butt in gear to make things happen around my place (like organize!).
And we went on walks, runs, bike rides. I was close to the mall and other cool things. And there was a deck that I sat on every single morning and evening until after dark reading. I was in love. It almost makes me want to move back to the suburbs. Almost. More so than ever before.
And here are a few pictures of the adorable 'kids' from my week of "vacation." :)
 |
| We are all packed and ready to head to the suburbs for the week! |
 |
| Bowie so badly wanted to get up on this basket with Wembly, she was just too short. :( |
 |
| Oliver was sunbathing one morning and I had to scoot him out of the way so I could shut the door and go to work. |
 |
| I went for a long run on the longest day of the year. Had to soak up all that extra daylight. The days only get shorter from here on out! |
 |
| When I got home from my long run the best songs were playing on pandora (Shake Ya Tailfeather and Get Low), so we of course had to have a dance party in the kitchen. Bowie had no clue what was going on, so I just held her and danced. Wembly just sat at a distance and watched the craziness and would NOT let me hold him and dance. And Oliver looked at me, walked in the next room, laid down and put is paws over his eyes. No joke! |
 |
| Best friends! |
 |
| Bow's favorite spot. |
 |
| I was happy to have snuggle buddies each night. |
 |
| My last day there, they snuggled together and Wembly gave her a morning bath. I don't know if he was saying she was dirty or if this was a little pedofilish! |
 |
| Oliver got left out alot because he's much bigger than the other ones, so he was happy to get in the picture. |
 |
| What I did every morning. HEAVEN! |
Thanks for letting me watch your kids! Let me know when you go on that cruise so I can babysit again! :)
PS - since Bowie got home, she has been so sad. She misses her friends!
Hands down, best housesitter EVER!!! Oliver and Wembley (and J and I too) are so thankful to have had you in our home when we were gone. We are all excited to watch little Bowie too!!
ReplyDelete