So the types of people that attended my small town high school graduation are a little bit different than the kind of people that attend my cousin's graduation. Heck, the people that attend the schools are completely different. ( Small Town USA vs. Suburbs)
So when I graduated, way back in 2003, there were quite a few characters people who my aunt, uncle and cousins have always remembered. And we kind of laugh about it every now and then. You know, the kind that have to get up and rush home to start the party as soon as their child graduates, even though he was in the "B's" and everyone else is trying to watch still or they make funny comments about names, etc.
One of the most memorable moments during mine (or was it Molly or Tyler's?) was when one family yelled to their son who was graduating "YOU SHOW 'EM HOW TO GRADUATE!!!"
How exactly does one "show 'em how to graduate?" How to walk across the stage? Accept the diploma? Smile for the photographer? ha. It's kind of became a running joke in our family.
Well last night my little cousin "showed 'em". I honestly think her name was spoken more than anyone else there and she stood up more times to be recognized for academic and artistic honors than anyone else in her graduating class of 418ish people. Yay Lauren!
| Aunt, Cousin, Uncle |
| With Mam |
| With Mam and Papaw |
| With Cousins and Uncle Randy |
| Me and the graduate. (Side note, I think it's time to do something drastic with my hair. I'm not loving it anymore!) |
Congrats Lauren! I wish you all the best as you begin college in the fall! I sure will miss having your football games and band concerts to attend in the evenings!
No comments:
Post a Comment