I have always wanted to participate in this event, but never have because of whatever reason. Last fall I put it on my calendar and am happy to say that I'm registered and actually prepared to run 3.1 miles.
![]() |
| Ready to Run! |
I will be running for my Great-Grandma Primer and her twin sister, my Aunt Annie. They were both diagnosed with breast cancer in their early 90's (yes, their early 90's, not the decade!) and both survived it. They were diagnosed within a short time of each other too! And beat it! Grandma lived to be 99 and Annie 100.
![]() |
| Edna and Annie - at 1 year old and 99 years old (just a few weeks before my grandma passed.) |
| Me and Grandma Primer in 2005 at her 95th birthday party at her house. |
They were such amazing ladies and I'm so proud to be running in their honor, because they were strong women.
Running in 5K's is something that I have always wanted to do for myself and training for these has been a great distraction, motivator, time occupier, and for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm in good shape! I wish I could get to the gym more than I do to do weights, but I can go there when it's cold outside! I can't believe I'm saying it, but 5K doesn't even sound like that far of a distance to run in a race because I run (almost) that much every day anyway. Now 13.1 in February will be another story! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment