My brother has always loved to go fishing and we're lucky that our grandparents have a pond that is pretty accessible to fish. Ty and his friends always used to go there and fish and I did when we were weeee little, but haven't been in a long time.
Friday night Tyler wanted to go up and try to catch this fish that he had seen back in early April when he was fishing on Easter. We sat there for about 45 minutes constantly casting and reeling in. Not fly-fishing, but supposedly this technique you use to catch bass. Who knew there were special techniques? Not I.
 |
| Could you have a prettier site? Pond, fields, woods, and the sunset? |
We weren't having any luck catching anything, so Tyler got out this "Magic Bait." It's 'chicken liver' but it is in liquid form. He said it's basically the doe urine of fishing. And it stinks.
After we were unsuccessful Friday night, Tyler got a trot line and chicken livers (real) to do Sunday night. We went back to Mam & Papaw's and I helped set my first trot line. I did not know what a trot line was until Sunday, but the I understand the concept and it makes perfect sense.
 |
| Thankful for a brother than baited these hooks, although I probably would have helped had I known he was doing it. |
 |
| Stretching the line out around the pond. |
 |
| Baiting |
 |
| Weighted so it will fall to the bottom. |
 |
| Proof I hooked some and didn't just take pictures. |
 |
| This was stretched so tight that I though for sure it was going to pull me in! |
 |
| And it's set! |
The next morning, we went to Mam's for our Memorial Day cookout. As soon as we got there we went up to see if we had caught anything. Out of 15 hooks, we had one catfish, but it was a big one.
 |
| Proud of our catch. |
 |
| Big Fish |
 |
| Poor thing weighed about 15 pounds and he/she was just hanging by a lip ring! |
 |
| Glad Tyler was there to deal with the hook. |
 |
| At least two feet long. |
 |
| Big ol' fish! |
 |
| Tyler and our catch. |
So he still didn't get this bass fish he was wanting, but I think this was a pretty good catch. He also caught a few smaller fish on his own yesterday afternoon and we also sat a bottle hook or something like that. It's basically a line with a hook tied to an empty bottle that floats on the pond. Nothing was on it yesterday, so I don't know if he left it or not.
Thanks brother for inviting me fishing this weekend! We will have to go again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment