Thursday, November 6, 2014

Parade explosion

I already mentioned my attendence to the Ohio State Homecoming Parade, but that was just one of four parades I went to in 4 days back in the middle of October!

My nephew was in the Baby Parade at the Pumpkin Show in Circleville (parade #1), so I went down to watch him and I actually ended up walking in the parade with him and my sister Heather. He was so cute, but unfortunately didn't win the "cutest baby" award. I still think he was cute. :)

He wouldn't look at the camera.




Parade Selfie.
That night I went back to the pumpkin show to watch the Parade of Bands (#2). It's probably my favorite parade because it's nothing but bands - high school bands, community bands, flag girls, etc. This year the Ohio State Marching Band was there. They're always last and they took forever to get thru the route because they stop to play a few songs every now and then. Of course, they stopped a little ways before us, then not again. Next time I got to watch them, I will not stand at the end of the parade route! But it was a fun night at the Circlville Pumpkin Show - minus having to pay $20 to park! That's highway robbery!! (But it was for a good cause I guess!)

OSU Marching Band
Then the next day I went to the OSU Homecoming Parade (#3), then no parade on Saturday, and home for the Fall Festival of the Leaves Parade on Sunday (#4). I didn't take any pictures at that parade, but it was the most eventful parade of the 4. At the end of the parade, right as the horses were walking in front of us, one got spooked, reared up on it's back legs and then fell backwards on top of the rider! I didn't see it all happen because I was busy looking at the lady riding the horse behind it that was carrying a pig in a tutu (yes, she had a piglet in a tutu!!). But the guy couldn't move his legs and I'm 110% sure he had broken his hip. So the EMS came to take him out and the log trucks couldn't come thru. It was crazy!!

So no more parades for a while here. Now that it's cold, I don't know of any going on anyway, except for the Jingle Bell Parade in late November. I never make it home for that anymore because it's always during an Ohio State game. But I do have some great memories of being in it when I was in gymnastics (we tumbled thru the whole thing) or going to watch it with Mam and Papaw. One year it snowed these giant snowflakes and it was so pretty. Another year the Santa float fell right in front of us (and the judges!).

Any parades that you look forward to each year?





No comments:

Post a Comment