In late September I ran in the Ohio State 4-miler run, which finishes on the 50 yard line of Ohio Stadium. Last year it was in late November and it was absolutely freezing. This year it was super hot and I was sweating the entire time. I can't win.
Anyway, it wasn't a good race for me. I'm not a fan of running places that I know what is ahead of me. So when I'm in front of the Ohio Union and about ready to die I can' think "oh the finish line must be just around this corner" because I know it's on the other side of campus and is a long ways away. But anyway, I did it.
This years run went down the new tunnel/ramp where the team walks on Saturdays, so that was cool. And of course it's exciting to be on the field inside the stadium as well. If only there were 100,000 plus people cheering in the stands, I might run a little faster. :)
 |
| Running into the stadium. |
 |
| Heading down the tunnel. The sides say "Our Honor Defend". |
 |
| This giant Block O on the ceiling right before the end of the tunnel. I wonder if it's a light? |
 |
| Running down the sideline to the endzone. |
 |
| Heading for the 50 yardline. |
Both years when I have ran I've ended up finishing by myself because I haven't trained and am really slow and my running friends leave me behind (which is what they should do!).
 |
| Horrible selfie, but I'm done. |
After the race we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. I jumped in their football player cutout to get my photo taken and apparently my 'tough face' that I make looks very similar to a 12 year old girls' duck face. Ugh.
 |
| Quack. |
My boss is a runner and he says the difference between a runner and a jogger is an entry fee, so I feel like I need to get registered for another race so that I have something to work towards. Because I have been majorly slacking in the gym department these last few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment