Last weekend I went on a three day cruise with my good friend Jill and her (now my) friend Amy. We started planning this cruise back in March/April. It seemed like it would never get here. And now it's over!!! I want to do this every weekend.
Friday we flew to Miami. We had a short layover in Atlanta and arrived in the party city around 1pm. We headed strait to our ship and were in our room by 3:30.
On the way to the boat port from the aiport, we passed where the Heat plays. I was of course snapping 293 pictures, because Lebron James could be walking outside! Or Brian Hartline! Or the Kardashians!!
| goodness i look like a tourist. |
After we get settled in our room, we head to the theater for a little tour of the ship, which takes us all over the place. Then we head down for the mandatory emergency meeting area. OMG, what a waste of time. We were there way early and had to wait on the people that had been at the pool all day and were just taking their time to get upstairs. It was downright miserable because you know no one was listening and if the ship was actually sinking, we would not be spending all of this time to get organized from shortest to tallest. #wasteoftime
At 5pm we left Miami. I was thrilled to float by the road that you always see Horatio Cane driving on in CSI:Miami. :) And then we were out to sea. It started raining on us as we left the port and then we went through storm, which was amazing. We sat on the balcony of our room and took pictures of the lightening. It was amazing. This was the first time we said we were glad we got the balcony. We said it approximately 23,394 more times in two days.
| The water was sooooo blue! |
| got it on 'film'! |
After we got settled into our room, we went to dinner. There were so many different options, but we went to one of the nice dining halls. Dinner was great because you can order whatever you want and not have to pay for it! ha.
After dinner, we went to a comedy show in the theater. Andrew Kennedy was hilarious! His impersonations of our presidents and him talking about his family was so funny. The best part of the entire show was the fact that it wasn't raunchy or vulgar. It was a family friendly show and the entire audience was just busting out in laughter for an entire hour. Pretty much this exact same show here on youtube.
| opening act of dancers. |
| the comedian. |
Since it had been raining, we grabbed a late night snack at the buffet (they had fries that tasted like Chick-fil-a's!!!!) and then headed to bed early. We were exhausted.
Saturday morning we woke up somewhat early. I slept like a rock the night before. Soooo good. Until the loud noise of the ship stopping and anchoring woke me up. But when we opened the curtains we were in the middle of the beautiful Caribbean Sea.
| Not photoshoped, that's the real deal. |
The water was so incredibly clear that you could see the bottom perfectly. I rented a lounge raft and laid on it for hours. Almost drifted out to see too, whoops. I could have spent days doing that because it was so hot outside, but the water kept me the perfect temperature.
| That's our ship! |
| perfect view |
![]() |
| That's me out there! |
If I could spend every vacation on a deserted island like this, I would totally do it. So peaceful and relaxing and I got a really nice tan too. :)
That evening, we got all dressed up for dinner and went to the other nice place to eat. This night we ate on the back of the ship and had a nice view of the sunset. After dinner, we went to see a show called 'Vegas'. The on-ship cast did performances from different eras of the Las Vegas. There was lots of dancing and glittery costumes. It was amazing. I've never been to a Vegas like show before, but this was exciting and pretty close to the real deal.
| i snuck a picture of the vegas show. |
After the show, we got dressed in our white outfits for the White Hot party, which was lots of fun and line dancing until the crew was finished dancing on the stage and this group of girls and boys made it an inappropriate dance party. Ugh. #toomuchskin
| crazy. crazy. crazy. |
| white HOTT! |
| panaramic of the party. |
| so much party. |
We were so tired, we fell asleep as soon as we got back to our room. And I applied a bottle of lotion because I was semi-sunburt. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment