Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Philadelphia

"In West Philadelphia, born and raised."

I'm sorry. 
I couldn't help myself. 
I sang that song in my head the entire time we were in Philly.
Every time I saw a sign that said "Philadelphia."
I'm a dork. I know it.

I went on a work trip to Philly. We left on my birthday and got back a few days later.

We visited Penn State, a few agricultural high schools on the way to Philadelphia, Chocolate World in Hershey, Pennsylvania, Longwood Gardens outside Philly, Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell in downtown Philadelphia.

Happy Valley - Penn State's Beaver Stadium on my birthday (Yes, it was snowing!)

Chocolate World in Hershey, Pa. There was so much chocolate. I didn't buy anything, except a cookie.
Surprise. Surprise. :) I love cookies.

1/2 pound Reese Cups. OMG! Heaven!

Chocolate World! :)

Our group at Longwood Gardens.

Fountain Show at Longwood Gardens

WB Saul Agricultural High School in Philly (this is actually their barn)

Lovely hydrangea hanging baskets.

These are actually individual bathroom pods. 

A modern garden. I forget what it's called.


Tulips everywhere. I was in love!

Pond and a more 'natural' setting at Longwood Gardens.
Dogwood Trees! :)
Easter mix?

Someday I'll have this in my garden.

Purple tulips always remind me of my high school English teacher.
I like sports, so I always snap photos of stadiums and arenas. (Like Beaver Stadium earlier in this post.) We drove by the sports complex where all the Philadelphia teams play, so I snapped those photos too. I'm not really a fan of any of their teams, but I just like to take pictures.

Flyers and 76ers arena.

Way in the back you can see where the Phillies play.

Where the Eagles play.
Does anyone else get excited about sports stadiums? Just me? Ok.

Independence Square
(and every time I type 'Independence' I sing that Lil Bossie song in my head. and yes, I just linked the Chipmunks version. All I could find.)

With the Phillies mascot.

Independence Hall

More Independence Hall

Where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed.

Liberty Bell

Liberty Bell crack!

We'd fit right in during 1776.

Philly Cheesesteak in Downtown Philly.
(there is meat on the other half, it just didn't get seen.)


I also got to meet my friend Laura. We have been blog friends for a while now and have been looking forward to getting together since I found out about this trip a few months ago. She has been such a great friend during all my ups and downs over the past year. I wish we would have gotten to visit for more than 45 minutes, because I'm positive we could have talked all day long. I will have to go back for sure.

Me & Laura at Independence Square

I had a good trip. The bus ride home was LONG! (12 hours!) and I came home to no apartment key (Molly had it in Piketon), so I got to stay all night and visit with my aunt, uncle and cousin on Sunday until Molly came back to town. Church, pancakes, grocery shopping, dog walking, bible study. All fun things to do on a Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to meet up!! Looking forward to doing it again!

    ReplyDelete