So today marks 28 days that I have been at home without going to work or to Target for fun, or to my parents, or to church, etc. Work closed on March 10 temporarily, which then became permanent the following week. Church services are all online. Target is for essential things only. And I'm afraid to go home and visit my grandma or parents because what if I have something and I don't know it and I give it to them?? Ugh.
For a while I planned on going home for the weekends only because I wouldn't go anywhere during the week or see anyone, but then I still go worried about what if I took something home on my shoe, or my keys, etc. There is only one confirmed case in my home county. I don't want to be responsible for taking it there from the city.
My days at home are fine. With the exception of that first week, I haven't felt lonely at all. I feel I've had a good amount of house projects and facetimes.
The second weekend I was home I put new shelves in my walk in closet. That was something I had wanted to do for yearssssss. I painted it, new shelves, got rid of everything that was in there (aka - I took it all to my basement). I'm very pumped with how it turned out.
I also rearranged all my furniture in my living room, dining room and bedroom. Now I have a little vanity area in my bedroom, which freed up a lot of shelving in my bathroom that had been occupied by hair dryers, product, etc.
My dining room table is set up more like a table that someone can actually eat at now. There is one more piece of furniture that has to go to the basement that's in there, but then that room will be "done", too.
I still have a huge to do list, which I'm just working my way down while I'm at home all day, every day. It looks as though I may be here to mid-June at least. All my summer conferences are cancelled, etc.
It's honestly so strange to think that EVERYTHING is closed and cancelled. EVERYTHING. Celebrities aren't at parties. No pro sports. No concerts. No school. I guess not everything is cancelled because we have the hospitals that are still open, along with our essential businesses, but man. It's just hard to think about everything being still. I do not love the fact that people are sick and dying. But I do love that every night when I walk families are in their yards together playing ball and working on landscaping and everyone is being supportive of each other. It just makes me aware of everything we priorities in our lives that aren't essential and this time makes me realize what we do need to survive and what we don't.
No comments:
Post a Comment