Blogging has come up several times in conversation over the past few weeks and earlier today as I was trying to find a picture of a table on my old blog, I started reminiscing and realized that I haven't been doing a good job at keeping track of my life lately. And I miss the creative outlet a little bit too.
So rather that try to update on all the things, I'm just going to start from today.
This past week was a busy, but fun one. Monday was a holiday, so I was in Piketon with the family. We worked in the yard and such. Tuesday I was in the office. Wednesday was my work from home day (but I still had to go into work for a meeting). Thursday and Saturday I was at the Memorial Tournament and Friday I worked at the state track meet.
Wednesday night I went to Powell because my friend Jenny was teaching a free class at Nocterra Brewing. Jenny teaches at Shred415, so it was hosting and Jenny taught. It was raining pretty hard when I arrived, but we made it work. It was a good workout and I was still sore days later, so she did a good job.
Thursday I met Amber and Lori and we went to the Memorial. We had tickets to the Nicklaus Club on 16, so we watched as the players came thru there.
 |
| Amber, Lori and me |
 |
| Thom is a great photographer |
Friday was the state track meet and I worked the awards/finish line area. I loved it! I have always enjoyed working athletic events and over the past year I've volunteered for the NCAA Women's Final Four and have worked a few large 5K's, half-marathons and marathons in Columbus. I hope to continue to work this state track meet in the future, and maybe a few other high school tourneys too!
At the meet I worked the finish line, handing out water and getting the top 8 teams/runners to the awards podium. I loved being able to help them if they needed it (saw more people puke than I wanted) and see the awesome sportsmanship by MOST of the athletes. There were a few turds in the mix, but most were so supportive of each other (for the same team AND competitors).
 |
| The calm before the storm! We had to get there before the stadium opened. |
 |
| All the awards team. |
 |
| Finally made it on the podium at the state meet. Only took me 16 years after graduation. |
Saturday I woke up feeling like crap (perks of womanhood), and got to the Memorial way late. We stayed on 14 most of the day and watch everyone come thru. I had hoped to get some sun, but because I had done a spray tan a few days before, I'm actually paler now than I was at the tournament.
 |
| Horrible picture of me at the end of the day, but that's what I looked like I guess. |
 |
| Took my own beverage. |
 |
| This guy was a huge Tiger fan, obviously. |
Yesterday I slept in and did a lot of projects around the house. I cleaned up a lot, did laundry, washed my dishes and ran a lot of errands that I had been putting off.
 |
| My flowers out back. So proud of them this year. |
 |
| Getting ready for Alaska by wearing my boots around the house. |
 |
| Bowie is loving my new daypack for Alaska. (Not sure what's up with this face though?) |
No comments:
Post a Comment