When we visited Holly's for Easter, I asked her if she was interested in doing the Race for a Cure in Columbus in mid-May. She said she was, so we chatted about it a little more over the next few weeks and signed up.
She, Eric and the girls came to town the night before. They were supposed to visit me and Bowie, but Char was sick, so I visited them. Bowie was really upset she wasn't getting any visitors. Look how sad she is.
![]() |
| Dramati-cat. |
Saturday morning we got up bright and early and met downtown at the statehouse. I ran the 5k with Holly and Eric while the girls walked the 1mile fun walk with Heather, Josh, Maria and a few of Heather's friends. We all finished together at 35:00. I had to stop with about .5m left. I am so mad that I did that. I had gone all that way without stopping. And I hadn't trained at all! They had to wait on me, I felt so silly. But I was so happy to have run it with my sister. Now I've done a 5K with every sibling.

![]() |
| At the starting line. Listing to this awful sappy song that made us all cry. |
![]() |
| She's done! (with the race and cancer!) |
I have mentioned before that Holly had surgery and was going thru treatment, but I didn't feel comfortable, or like it was my place, to talk about her personal health on my blog and social media. Especially since she doesn't share that much on her own. But I will give an update to say that she is done with treatment and cancer free. Thank you for your prayers.






No comments:
Post a Comment