This was the second annual "Blairfest", which then became "Bash at the Blairs" or "Blair Bash". Not really sure what to call the party this weekend other than FUN.
Friday night I met up with Alicia, Holly, and Lindsey and we traveled to Lima to Amber's in-laws. Our weekend plans were to camp, swim in the pond and attend the Sam Hunt and Lady A concert at the Allen County Fair.
We spent Friday evening eating and hanging out by the fire until Alicia and I fell both fell asleep in our lounging lawn chairs and went to bed around 11. I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me once we got to the tent, so I was still awake until Amber and Lindsey came to bed and 'girl talk' commenced until sometime after 1.
Saturday morning we went into town for breakfast at Lu Lu's and then we spent the day in the pond. I floated on a raft for a while and then we hung out on floating dock. It was a good time and I didn't get sunburnt at all.
 |
| Getting some sun on those legs. |
 |
| We were spoiled this year and didn't have to swim to get to the raft. |
 |
| Tucker was the happiest to have us all there. |
That evening we got cleaned up and went to the fair. Allen County has a really nice fair. I haven't gotten to walk thru the buildings where the open exhibits are, but there are so many buildings and games. And there were 11,000 people that came in just for the concert Saturday night. It was obviously way more packed than the Pike County Fair. :)
 |
| Our group of girls. |
Sam Hunt was great. He opened for Lady A and I was surprised at how many songs I knew of his. He put on a great show. Lady Antebellum was great too. So many of their songs are slow, so that kind of kills the party vibe when you slow it down, but they were good as well. We sat right behind Sam Hunt's bass player's family and we thought for sure they were going to be our connection to meet Sam and then invite him back to the farm. Didn't happen. Womp. Womp.
 |
| Sam and Tyrone |
 |
| And Sam again. |
 |
| Lady A |
 |
| So many people. |
Apparently it stormed Saturday night, but we still stayed in the tent. I did not wake up to the thunder and rain. I guess I was really tired? Whoops.
Sunday morning we ate donuts for breakfast and then spent some time in the sun before eating lunch and heading back to Columbus. I even got brave and attempted to 'paddle board' in a kayak.
 |
| More sun on Sunday. |
 |
| I didn't fall! |
 |
| Heading home! :( |
Thanks Thom, Amber, Lena and Jim for having us again this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment