Friday, July 24, 2015

Life Lately - Summer and Fairs Week

Somehow it's already the end of July and school will start back up in just 5 weeks. NOOO!

I've been so busy this summer that I'm going to schedule a few 'do nothing days' over the next couple weeks so I can just be at home and enjoy summer.

Molly and I have made it to a few county fairs so far, with plans to go to a few more. Last week we went to Madison County and Kayla came along too. It was really disappointing because the buildings where the 4-H exhibits are were closed (set up for a dog show that wasn't for another 18 hours) and there was a Farm Bureau meeting in the FFA building. So we just kept walking around buying more food. (I see what they did there, marketing geniuses.) But we did get to watch a few classes of the hog show, eventually see the baby pigs in the FFA building (adorable!) and then spent way more time that we should have slow motion filming people on rides. People watching is awesome at county fairs.

We had a smiler while showing.

Love me some baby pigs. (And bacon!)

Fair rides.

Three girls who love fairs.

Bowie likes to snuggle with her mama at night. And mama doesn't complain.

Saturday morning we ran in the Color Run, then headed downtown to the Jazz and Rib Fest. I'd never been, but it was on my list of 101 Things to do in 1001 Days, so I was excited when Molly recommended going. Well it was 840 degrees outside and the lines were ridiculously long. We got some freebies from LL Bean and a few other tents and got a lemon shake up because we were so hot. But buy the time we ate our free rib slice from a sauce company and drank our shake up we were so hot we weren't hungry anymore. So we left.

A free rib from a sauce company. #freeforme

Molly enjoying her free rib. We also got free shots of margarita.
Jazz and Rib Fest selfie
That afternoon Caroline was in Ohio from Nebraska, so she came over for a little bit to visit. Molly and I had an awesome argument about cleaning the apartment about 15 minutes before she arrived (keeping it real). And then after Caroline headed back to Northern Ohio, Molly and I headed south.

We went to the Clinton County Fair, which was not worth the trip. As soon as we got there, it got really cloudy and started lightening. Then all of the displays were gone. No commercial building, no 4-H displays, all of the animals were gone. My biggest pet peeve is cleaning up things before an event is over. So we paid full price admission to get in and there was nothing to see. Ugh. I got to visit with Sarah and her kiddos for a hot second before it started raining.
Clinton County Fair selfie (with the sweet tea too)

We got to our parents late on Saturday night. Their A/C was broken. Awesome. My bedroom has absolutely no air flow and the windows have been painted shut since 1975. It was a sauna. I tried to sleep on the couch for a while, but eventually moved a fan to my bedroom. But first I found this scene...Molly sleeping on the floor, while Posey got the couch. My parents had gotten new couches two days before, so we had four couches in the living room that night. We moved them out the next day.


Sunday we cleaned out the garage and moved our old couches out there. It was the hottest day of the year and we're all in a dirty garage. I was so sweaty and had not brought clothes home to do this in. We found this sweat bands in dad's construction stuff (looked like this) and we had them on our foreheads, our neck, molly and I had them stuffed down the front of our shirts. At one point Molly even had a popsicle in her shirt. It was so hot. If only we had a pool.

We had came home to go to an event for Zach Farmer. I'll talk more about that later, but we spent the afternoon doing that and then spent a few hours at Mam and Papaws before heading back to Columbus. It was an unplanned busy weekend, but that means we had a lot of time to be spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment