My mom was in town last week and stayed with me for two nights. The first night we did dinner with Molly in Hilliard, and the second night Molly came to Grandview and we went to Grandview Cafe. It was nice having Mama J in town during her conference even though we got nothing productive done. I had wanted to make cake balls, but we got home from dinner too late. Maybe I'll do them on my own.
On Thursday, I went downtown to meet Mom for lunch. She was at a conference and had told me that there were lots of cute guys there. So of course, I went. Well, they must have all left or gotten married over night, because I did not see one cute, single guy in the facility. But, I did get a Chipotle quesadilla with free parking, so that was worth the trip!
We did walk around at the trade show for a little bit. At a microscope stand I tried to guess what this image was. I am stumped. I'm still stumped. It's something magnified. I am still trying to figure it out and cannot. They were supposed to send an email out with the answers, but so far I haven't gotten anything? Any guesses? Update: It's the hologram off a VISA card.
The Ohio Department of Transportation also had a driving simulator that Mom did. It was a texting and driving thing to show you that you SHOULD NOT text and drive. Well she failed miserably. She actually quite before it was done.
Friday night I got a good workout in at the gym. My goal was to kickstart my habit of going every day again. I thought the weekend would be a good time since I didn't have anything Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Well, it didn't work. I'll try again this week.
Friday night I went skiing again with friends. My third trip this winter. I can't express how much I love skiing. I can't even believe at one time I didn't enjoy it and wanted to quit so many years ago. Besides the big jumps and the trick things in the snowboarder park , there isn't really anything that I'm too scared of doing. All night I kept saying I was going to go down this really steep drop off from the lift area and I finally did it on my last run. On that run I also went off a baby ramp and got just a little bit of air. But then I crashed and burned. At least I fell gracefully? (not true!).
| Only pic I took that night. |
When I pulled into the parking lot I almost didn't stop. I had this thought of "I am 29 years old and spending my Valentine's Day as a single lady at a cat shelter. This is what my life will always be like. I can't do it!!" Cue mini crisis.
But I went ahead and parked. Since I got there at 11 and the cleaning takes place from 8-12am, most everything was already done! I cleaned all the windows and sliding glass doors throughout the facility. And petted a lot of cats! So I was just there for an hour. But I got to see my favorite feline - Stella. She was one of my favorites when I volunteered there for class last year at this time and my coworker always updates me on here. She's a fluffy, grey and white really shy cutie. She never lets anyone hold her, but somehow I always could when I visited. I always said I was going to adopt her when I got my own house if she was still there. Well, that can't happen now because she got adopted this weekend. I am equally happy and sad. When I tried to snuggle with her on Saturday she hissed and growled at me. She must have turned on the charm later in the day. I had no intentions of going on Saturday and then almost didn't go inside, but I really think God was putting it on my heart to 1. volunteer and give back and 2. say goodbye to my little Stella! He knew she was getting her forever home that weekend.
Go ahead and think crazy cat lady thoughts right now. It's fine.I know.
| This is Dagwood and he likes to nurse your arm. #presh |
| A horrible picture of Stella, but it was the last time I saw her. |
Saturday afternoon I did nothing. I watched tv and ate ice cream from the container. But what I did not do is have a pity party because I was single on Valentine's Day. (I wrote this post for my work blog on how to survive if you're single on V-tines Day.) I sent messages to a lot of my friends wishing them a HVD and got some cute pictures back of my nieces and nephew. I even got a gift in the mail from my friend Lauren and a few cards.
Later that evening Molly came over and we went to Bob Evan's for our Valentine's Dinner. That girl knows my love language. We had a great dinner and it was topped off with not one, not two, but THREE stretch limos in the parking lot! At Bob Evan's. We were cracking up every time one more pulled in.
| Best Valentine a girl could ask for! #BAE #GMLS |
Sunday I went to church and listened to a sermon on changing the world. We can't change everything at one time. We can't save everyone from everything. BUT we can change a little at a time and if we just save one person, it's better than none. It wasn't my favorite sermon, but one that I needed to hear.
That afternoon I was a cleaning machine. Scrubbed, mopped, rolled (to get ride of the cat hair) and everything in between. That evening Molly came over (again! :) ) and we watched The Bachelor and because she'd been outside all day working and was nice and cozy on my couch, she stayed. And right after I went to bed I got this goodnight text from her. Love my little sister. :)
| My little Valentine. |
Now it's the start of a busy, busy week with something every evening. Sigh. I'm really looking forward to Wednesday night. Molly and I are sorting prom dresses for Fairy Goodmothers. Service and fancy dresses, sign us up!!
Do you go to Vineyard?? That sermon sounds all too familiar... 😉
ReplyDelete