Friday, November 8, 2013

The past month or so

I've become the blogger that post once a month, then eventually I'll never post again. Usually when I see bloggers start to go on a hiatis that had been regular, daily posters I suspect that something is up (new boy, they're pregnant, etc). In my case, nothing is up other than the fact I'm just super busy and don't have the downtime to just sit and blog like I used to. This job is busy, busy, busy and I'm never with time to just surf online. And my evenings are full of work related social stuff or my own social life. So the blog has fallen to last priority. Which is fine, but I know I'll also miss the detailed record of my life that I once kept and now am not.

So we'll start with the beginning of the school year, since that's kind of like the beginning of the year for people in education.

The beginning of the year started with a back to school bash for our students. I sat in the dunk tank for 30 minutes. No one wanted to dunk me. My feelings were hurt. Eventually Molly told the fraternity boys (I'm their adviser) and they came over and dunked me a few times.

I was not a popular target. And this thing bruised my back!
 Football season started back up, which is basically my favorite time of year. I went to my first Skull Session with Molly, John and Cara. I completely forgot that the team walked through, so I was crazy excited when they came in. Then I was not excited when Urban Meyer messed up the words to the fight song. It's "Our honor defend, we will fight THROUGH the end....O, HI, O!!!!" I do not like that man.


We watched the first half of this game at BW3's, then made our way to the VC.

Smiling like Molly did when she was little.

Mom, Mam, Molly and I went to the Country Living Fair in September. There weren't so many crafty things there as there were vintage finds, which I liked! But it just wasn't what I was expecting.
Mt. Tabor is close to Mam and Papaw's house.

I actually bought this pennet for $5. It's hanging in my dining room.

If I could only find old Christmas bulbs like that.

In September I also made my first trip to Pittsburg. I had to set things up for a conference, so I drove over there, did the set up, and then drove home. It was exhausting. But while I was there, I drove by Heinz Field to get a look at where the Steelers play. I'm not a huge Steelers fan, but I do like to see stadiums and the Steelers are a pretty well known team. What I didn't realize was that they Steelers played at the Bengals that night. And here I was posting pictures on instagram and videos on Vine of me at that stadium. Sorry Bengals loving friends and family.

The field from the road. Yeah, I was driving and taking pictures.

Field in the background.

No lie, as I was driving out of Pittsburg "Black & Yellow" came on! I died!!!

Also that week was a farm show our school hosts, which I worked at each day. I love working at it because you get to see so many friends from college throughout the three days. I also get to educate students about the majors we offer, but I really enjoy the social part of it too. ;)

Representing the home county.

Miss Hadley was almost a month old when I first got to go see her. And that was more than a month ago, so I think I need to go visit again. She cried when I held her, except when we quickly snapped this picture, and I think she's even smiling for it.

Such a beautiful babe.

Because it rained so much one weekend, Mom and I didn't make it to the Backwoods Festival like we planned, so we just went to the Lancaster Mall. I hadn't been there since high school. Speaking of which, this year was my 10 year class reunion, and I guess that makes the Class of 2003 eligible to be a 'throwback' on a letter jacket in the store DEB. I almost bought it. It was only $20 and red and white, so I figured I could have worn it to tailgate and such. But, I was in the middle of No Spend September, so I did not make the purchase. 

Class of '03! Represent!

My friend Lindsey is the new event planner for a venue close to Columbus, so a group of us girls went to their open house. It was awesome. Such a beautiful location, so if you're looking for a venue for a wedding, large corporate party or just a party with a lot of friends, I know where you can find one!
Curled with my straightener.

Inside.

Love these girls.

group shot by a tree.

Another friend of mine made the big move to NYC in early October. At her going away party I got to visit with a few friends from the old job office. And it was fun to go out in the Short North area, which I don't do often. Sad thing is, I was home watching Dateline by 9:30pm! Why does that show have to be so addicting?? :)

I'm so happy that Britt made the move to NYC! I know she'll just love it there. I want to go visit at some point since the one time I went Molly and I were there for less than 24 hours! Spring Break maybe?

Me, Britt, RJ

Game days are always fun. This year I have no tickets, so tailgating is my game. After a work alumni tailgate, I hopped around friend's tailgates on campus, then met up with Lindsay at TinyGate and later the VC.
Friends for 10 years.

TinyGate at Little Bar. #iphonestakebadpicturesafterdark

I became an aunt again in early October! My oldest sister delivered a healthy baby boy, my first nephew! We are so excited to add Cooper to the family!

Me and Cooper!
 And we can't forget Bowie, who gets jealous when anyone else is around or I'm gone too much. #divacat
She really does love me. I swear.
Homecoming at Ohio State was later this year, which also meant it was colder. The department float I helped with didn't place this year, but the fraternity I advise got 1st place AND was shown during the game that night on ABC! I'm seriously so lucky to have the job that I do. It's so much fun. :)

#beattheteeth

Just hanging out in the stadium.

Fraternity float.
 Since I didn't have tickets to the Homecoming Game, we went to visit Cooper and watch. Holly was in town too, so it was kind of a mini family reunion.

OSU game with Coop. I couldn't cheer.
And the Primer Family tradition, we went to the Fall Festival of the Leaves Parade. Mom, Amy, Mam and I went. Aunt Katherine and her family were already there, so we got to visit with them. We usued to go to this parade every year when we were little. We always sit in the exact same spot.

My alma matter got the cousins up and dancing.

Fall Festival of the Leaves!!!

Most recently, I traveled to Louisville for work. There is a large convention there that we go to each year. While I was there, I got to go see Dierks Bentley. OMG I love that man! My college roommate and good friend works for the said convention and had AMAZING seats. I'm pretty sure Dierks looked and pointed right at me.
Miss this girl.

Soooo close!
What was I thinking? I was thinking he's the most gorgeous man I've ever seen.

Other highlights of the convention included a shopping mall that had tons of boots. I didn't buy any, but 15 year old 4-H lovin' Emily wanted these clover ones. There was also a dance for Ohio students. I love these dances. Mostly because I dance my heart out and don't even care who sees me because there's 800 high school kids there. And I'm making up for lost time while I sat at a table during every high school and 4H camp dance I ever attended.
Photo for Julie in Arkansas. And for myself! #wps

Buckeye Bash....after the wobble.

As soon as I got back from Kentucky, it was time to celebrate my godson's first birthday. How an entire year has gone by I'll never know. I love that boy. He's the happiest baby I've ever seen. Except when you try to vacuum his belly....MOLLY! 

With my best friends from my childhood. And now the second generation.

Love this little boy.

So as you can see, it's been busy around these parts. There have been weeks where I've been in 65+ hours in the office. And after next week's trip to Chicago (also for work) and getting my grad school 18 page paper (ugh!) done, I think the rest of November and December will be pretty relaxed. I'm so looking forward to that....no events, no homework, no reading! I might actually finish baby quilts I've been putting off, run, and read a book for fun.

But, I'm not complaining because I wouldn't trade this life for anything. I can honestly say I won't look back and wish I'd be doing anything different right now than what I am. #lovinlife

No comments:

Post a Comment