Thursday, February 7, 2013

Columbus Ink

Tried to think of a quirky post title and that's all I got. My spin on Miami Ink.

Last spring my work hosted an international festival for students and one of the booths was free henna. I have never wanted a real tattoo, but getting a temporary one was appealing to me. Well, I had a meeting and it didn't work out. So Tuesday morning when I found out it was festival day again I literally ran downstairs to get in line for the henna guy.

I was so excited I didn't know what to get. And I had on my boots. Not exactly henna friendly footwear when you want a tattoo on your foot. So I went home and changed shoes to my flats and came back. I scrolled through my pinned designs (yeah, I made a board for my fake tattoos on pinterest), but when I got there, I didn't use the paisley design I'd taken with me.

I wanted something like this on the side of my foot, or one of the designs on the top of my foot:




 And this is what I left with:
right after it was done.
today.
also today.


I got cheetah spots on the top of my right foot. And Script Ohio on my left wrist. Molly also got the cheetah spots on her right forearm, which looks awesome. The guy did it a little bigger than she originally wanted. Like a lot bigger.



For now, I'm just going to stick with henna tattoos once a year, when they're free at the festival. Anything more permanent is definitely out because I'm super annoyed with how I don't think my script Ohio is centered and the dot touches the top of the "I". So I'm glad it's just temporary. Plus, I could never decide on one thing that I'd want on my body for the rest of my life. I go through too many phases. How many times do you hear of people saying they wish they hadn't gotten that Tasmanian devil tattoo on their calf when they were 18!? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love my ratios but agree you definitely need to get something you can live with forever. The cheetah spots are so cool

    ReplyDelete