I have been extremely productive at work this week, which has been great because I was starting to feel the summer slump of just wanting to go outside and be at the pool. I was even at work on Friday before 7:30!!!! That's a miracle in itself right there. I am the queen of hitting the snooze button until the very last second I know I can throw an outfit together and get to work.
Last Sunday, Molly, John and I went to Zoombezi Bay. I'd never been to any kind waterpark and the only time I've ever been on a water slide has been at Long's Retreat. So I was super pumped.
We did a little bit of everything - wave pool, reading by the wave pool, slides (even the 'toilet bowl' one), lazy river.....lots of lazy river. It was a blast. I even ran into Jenny and Todd as soon as we got in the lazy river. Poor John, though, he got so extremely sunburnt. I lathered on the sunscreen. He lightly sprayed it on and added tanning oil too. He was determined to get a 'base tan' before vacation next week. He got a 'base burn' instead. Molly said they had to go get aloe when the got home. Poor guy isn't going to be able to hang with us at the beach next week.
Also, I'd never seen so many people with tattoos than when we were at the water park! I'm not talking about a few little ones hear and there. Or just one on your arm or foot. I swear we were the only three adults there that didn't have head to toe tattoos. Frankenstien on your back, saw it! Entire spine on your back, saw it. Spiderweb around your elbow, saw it. Hello Kitty and the word "GOLD" in a really ugly font down your side and onto your thigh, saw it. Well placed and simple tattoos can look nice. They can be done classy. But then they can also look trashy and most of the time that's the case. Sorry if you don't agree. This is my blog and my opinion. :)
And I don't have any pictures from our day, because I left my phone in the car for fear of purse snatchers. But I think I would have been fine.
Monday night, Molly, Stacie and I did the "Deck of Cards" workout at the Grandview football field. It was a workout and I didn't really feel it until Tuesday night. I've been trying to run or workout every evening and having Stacie around this summer to partner up with definitely helps keep me accountable.
Tuesday night Molly and I went shopping for last minute vacation items. Basically, I wanted to get my wedges! So we went to Easton, did a little shopping around there, had dinner, got my shoes, went to Target and Walmart and headed home. It was a long evening, but it was warm outside and made us super excited to be on vacation.
| new wedges!! :) :) :) |
Thursday day, I got my picture with Gordan Gee. He's retiring from OSU, as most everyone knows and I am super sad about it. I got a picture with him back in 2011 when I first started working here, but it's not a good picutre (lighting is horrible) and my hair was bloooonde. So when they announced he was having a 'photo session' with any student or staff that hadn't had the chance to meet him or get a photo, I jumped on that.
I was wishing I'd worn red and grey until I saw that he had on a purple tie (I had on a purple dress) and then he commented about how beautiful I looked and that we matched. And I love a good color coordinating outfit, so I was happy I didn't wear red. I know purple and red do go together, but I wasn't going for the Red Hat Society look.
Thursday night I had a student/friend put some movies on my iPad. They will definitely come in handy while I'm in the car for 8 hours to the beach. And then met up with the girls for a little going away dinner for Amber. Here I thought she was moving far away. I was thinking East Coast - New Jersey, Philly, somewhere like that. No, she's just moving to LIMA! That's like a few miles up the road. Ok, maybe a few hour drive! haha. So I will still see her when she comes to tailgate.
![]() |
| Keystone Pub |


No comments:
Post a Comment