Monday, July 8, 2013

Class of 2003 - 10 years later.

This year marked 10 years since I'd graduated high school. It seems like yesterday, but it also seems like so much longer than 10 years at the same time.

So much has taken place over the past ten years and sometimes it's hard to believe that I've been away from these people longer than I actually knew them. But that's how life goes.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the reunion or not. I had RSVP'd yes, but I wasn't thrilled about it. I feel like facebook has ruined the need for class reunions, even though I'm only facebook friends with a handful of my classmates. (I guess I can still stalk, ha!) And I see people out and about when I'm visiting home, so there wasn't the "OMG! I can't wait to see XY and Z at the reunion." moment. Sounds mean, but I'm being honest. My best friends from high school (Erin and Erica), I stay in touch with them and we still do things together all of the time (hello half-marathon), but they weren't in my class. They were youngin's, graduating in 2004 and 2005.

But I went and I was able to catch up with a friend who I hadn't seen in person in 5 years, although we do still facebook and instagram. So that right there was worth it. :) And found visited with other classmates that I realize I may not have had a lot in common when we were in high school, but we do now. Or vice versa.

We had about 25 people attend, which I thought was pretty good. That's like 25% of our graduating class!

My graduating class in 2003.
And those that attended in 2013.
The stereotype for class reunions is that you always have to look super awesome and everyone gets a new outfit, looses 20 lbs, and gets implants to look good. I'm thankful to say I didn't do anything. I just went as myself. I didn't get a new outfit, but did make an effort to look nice and still youthful. :) I don't have any old boyfriends from my class to try to look good for, so it was just me looking nice for me! ha. I did rock my gold metallic shorts (my party pants!) and wedges.

Had to use Molly's full length mirror.

Mirinda and I sat together on the bus every day in Kindergarten. You could say she was my first friend at Piketon. :) She told me Saturday night that she was sad when we moved to the 1st grade because that meant I had other friends that started kindergarten that I sat with on the bus and not her. :(
Mirinda and I
 Shannon and I were friends in middle school and high school. She was the one that knew every lyric to every rap song on the planet. :)

Shannon and I in 2013

Shannon and I in 2003
Overall, it was nice to see people I hadn't seen in a while. It was a very relaxed evening and everyone was home by 9:30. Except for me and Shannon. We hung out at Ritchie's and closed the place down at a whopping 10:50!

See you all again in 2023 PHS Class of 2003!

No comments:

Post a Comment