Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Family Vacation

Last week our family went on the annual trip to Myrtle Beach.

It wasn't anything spectacular. It rained the entire time we were there. Out of four days we were on the beach, only 1 of them did it not rain. And other than bathroom breaks and lunch, I did not leave the sand from 9-4 that day!

The rain seriously stunk, although we did swim in the ocean in it one day. And I'm not talking about a sprinkle, I'm talking about a complete downpour. Every single time it rained!!

So I never got in the lazy river, just the hot tub one time (also in the rain), the pool or went to the Gay Dolphin (a vacation tradition). We only got ice cream from Kirk's once! And never even made it into a Wings, Eagles, Pacific or any other t-shirt gift shop. 

It was an odd trip and here's why:
  •  Molly's boyfriend went with us, so that kind of left me as the third wheel, even though they did attempt to not make me feel like that, it still happens.
  • It rained.
  • John got stung by a jellyfish! In all my years at the beach, I've never seen that happen.
  • It rained.
  • Payton got a concussion! She went banana boating and hit heads with another girl. She spent the entire day in the hospital. :(
  • It rained!
  • Brett was on the beach! He never comes down, only golfs.
  • It rained! Did I mention that?
I did get a nice tan in my 1.5 days in the sun, so I can't complain too much! :)

Needless to say, I'm pumped for my cruise in a few weeks with the girls. :)


Strawberry Daquari at Joe's.

I ordered fish and chips! I'm not a seafood person, but it was delish.

Molly was missing Posey.

Kid in a candy store - for real.

FH 4 OSU  - I advise a fraternity at OSU with those letters.


4th of July on the beach with my favorite little sisters.


fireworks from the beach.
That's literally all the pictures I took the entire vacation. Molly got a nice collection of me sleeping on the ride home. I can't help it, I was in the way back in a bucket hole with nothing else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment