I won an entry in the Color Mania 5K through
Holly's blog last week. I hadn't planned on running in it, but any chance I have to do a 5K is amazing. Especially for FREE! :) (Thanks
Honest Tea!) Unfortunately, I didn't (think) I knew anyone else running, but after a plea for a running partner on facebook, I found out that Tasha was running, so we met up and ran together.
Tasha is married to one of my good friends of high school and even though we have been friends on facebook for the last 4 or 5 years, we've only met a few times. But we have so much in common that it seems like we've been friends forever.
 |
| the 'before picture' |
I ran in the
Color Run last summer and this was very similar, but on a smaller scale. The course was in a parking lot at the state fairgrounds, so there weren't people cheering along the route. No music playing and the color stations weren't defined either. There was no 'blue station' or 'yellow station', you just got whatever color they put on you, which was mostly pink, orange or green.
I got hit right in the face with the green powder at the first station. Right in the face. Thanks lady. It all comes out pretty easily, but I still have a bit of a green scalp. I'm sure it will all be gone with one more wash.
I did fine with the actual running part. We kept it slow and walked a little bit in the middle. I think Tasha said our final time was around 40 minutes, but again, it wasn't a race I was doing for time. It was just for fun. Even with the amount of walking we did, I think that was an ok time. Maybe? :)
 |
| The color party after the race. |
 |
| Tasha sat on the ground. :) |
 |
| Me and Tasha |
 |
| The after picture. Abbie got the pink stuff right in her mouth. Her teeth were covered. |
 |
| My face on the way home. |
 |
| Trying to get my whole body. Bowie wanted in the shot too. |
Another 5K done. Again, I can't believe I'm running these for fun! But so happy I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment