My place of employment celebrates MLK day, so I had Monday off, which gave me a long weekend.
Friday night I did a bunch of nothing. Surprise. Surprise. I went to the library on my way home from work and checked out two books. I laid and looked at the decor activities in the Young House Love book for hours, then started my second book. Before I knew it, it was 10pm and I went to bed. I probably also worked on a few jigsaw puzzles on my iPad in there too, because my sister got me hooked.
Saturday I slept in. Late. It was Molly's birthday, so after I wrapped her gifts, went to the gym, store, and baked cupcakes, it was time to go out to dinner. She, John and I, along with our friend Lauren, went to Mad Mex, then met some other friends at Big Bang. That has become the place to celebrate birthdays the last few years and somehow I'm the only one that ever actually got put on stage.
My plan on Sunday was to go to the 9am church service, but because I got up too late, I missed it. Mom came to Columbus and the three of us went to the State Fairgrounds to the antique show. I'm on a search for an old map, but didn't find anything I liked. Molly got a wooden Pepsi crate, an old tape measure and something else. I don't remember what. We also went to some shops in Worthington, had lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse and went to Target. My mom loves Target. I hung out at home the rest of the evening and did my bible study lessons.
My dermatologist office doesn't close on MLK day, so I had an appointment with her on my day off, then I headed over to Brittany's house to watch little Hadley for a few hours. I only had her for an hour and a half. We played in the bouncy seat, took a bottle, slept for a half hour (the baby, not me!), and watched the birds out the back window. She was good, and if she started to fuss I just turned on this "cooperation" song and she just watched. I was exhausted and took a two hour nap when I got home! ha. We still had Bible study that evening too, so I went to that. I always leave there feeling so refreshed and optimistic. Being a part of BSF is definitely a blessing. I love going.
I also replaced three bulbs that were burnt out in my kitchen. 3 of the 4, so my kitchen went from being really dark to REALLY BRIGHT. That was my most productive thing I did this weekend - around the house anyway. :)
 |
| At Big Bang the boys wanted to embarrass her. |
 |
| boyfrand |
 |
| seesters |
 |
| drink up - FYI, this was not hers, even though she is of legal age to drink it if she wanted....mom. |
 |
| Moldog with her gifts from me. |
 |
| Bow wanted her picture taken too. |
 |
| I hung up the birthday banner and set out a bunch of pictures she was in. Molly's 'shrine'. |
 |
| birthday dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse |
 |
| Bowie ate a cupcake too. |
 |
| Babysitting Hadley. |
And now we wait til Memorial Day for another day off. #wah
No comments:
Post a Comment