Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympic Gold

Last night Jenny invited a few of us up to watch the Olympic gymnastics all-around gymnastics competition. I love watching the Olympics - especially gymnastics. I haven't paid too much attention to it over the last few Olympics, but back in '96 I was glued to the tv. Maybe because it was in the USA and that made it a little more of a big deal for those of us here in America. And our gymnastics team was awesome that year. I may or may not have watched their routines while typing this post.

There were 7 of us that got together - and considering the USA team that we all LOVED in our late elementary years was nicknamed the Magnificent Seven , it was not a coincidence. We wanted a group shot, since we were all very patriotic in our Red, White & Blue and we made it better by adding Jenny's medallions around our necks and impersonating the team photo. Such a fun group of girls.

Jenny had the house all decorated and everyone brought little dip appetizers. I was late and coming straight from the State Fair, so I didn't get to take the cake batter dip I intended. It was seriously so much fun. I'm glad that I have friends that get into the Olympics and themed parties as much as me. I foresee lots of fun social events with these girls in my future.

Alicia even dressed up like Kerri Strug for the occasion.

USA! USA! USA!

And a group shot to tweet and send to Dominique Moceanu, who tweeted back and said 'thanks!'
And congrats to Gabby Douglas on winning the All-Around competition. Ali Raisman should have gotten a bronze. That Olympic rule sucks.

And I stole all the photos from Jenny. My phone died. Thanks Lindsey H for letting me use it for a few minutes.

1 comment: