Saturday morning I got up extra early to make it home to the vet by 9. Bowie's little stomach had been kind of swollen and I was a little worried that maybe she was sick. I thought she'd been cured of the worms, but I wasn't so sure. So I researched online and basically diagnosed her myself with a cancerous tumor and figured they'd have to put her to sleep on the spot. No joke, that all went through my head.
I get to the vet and am all worried I'd leave without her. Nope. She's fine. She's just a little chunky. So they put her on a diet and the nice vet wrote out a plan for her so she doesn't eat more than 201 calories a day (she currently eats 512 calories a day). Needless to say all weekend she was whiny because she was starving. Her food was cut in half, I'd be hungry too.
| lounging with my chunky monkey. |
Speaking of other chunks.....Posey needs a diet too, but supposedly the vet says she's "perfect."
| Posephious. |
Sunday morning we got up early (again) and Molly, Tyler and I went to the cemetery with Dad. We've done this every Memorial Day for the past 4 or 5 years.
First we went to Rushtown to visit the grave of my grandparents and my extended Wickham family. My grandpa is a veteran of three wars as well as our fire department, so he has a very decorated grave. His parents are right next to his grave and his twin brother is on the other end of the cemetery. It's always so emotional to visit this grave because my dad is an emotional person to begin with and I just get sad because I didn't get to know them and have just a few memories of them.
We also went to Mt. Latham Cemetery to visit my Grandma Primer and Aunt Annie, along with all of my Mam's family. It sits on top of this hill and his just gorgeous if you look one way over the hills. If you look the other way it is not so pretty.
That afternoon we cooked out at Mam and Papaw's and Molly, Tyler and I went fishing.
| Molly singing an Americana song on the back of the truck. |
When we got home from the cookout, Dad and I visited more cemeteries. Is that creepy? I like to visit and reminesse about good times with people that are no longer here on Earth. Dad tells lots of good stories too. Teresa was on her way to Mound Cemetery at the same time, so I finally got to see where Erin's Grandma Millie is buried. I have looked and looked for years but never found it. Now I know.
One grave we pass that always makes me cry is one of my dad's friends. He tells the story every year about how these two friends were on their way to Hungtington, WV one night and crashed on the way there. He was supposed to be with them that night, but he didn't go because he didn't have any money to spend. I'm so happy that he wasn't with them that night.
We also went to Waverly to visit my great grandparents on my Papaw's side and Erin's Grandma and Grandpa Johnson. While there I saw the graves of a few other people, like the Waverly student who was killed in a car crash last fall at age 16, and parents of people that I went to school with. It was just a very sombering evening and I'm glad that I got to spend it with my papa.
Later that night Molly highlighted my hair. I don't really think you can tell that much of a difference since they are just brown highlights, but they are there.
Monday we went to the Reds game at Great American Ballpark. It's no Wrigley Field, but we did have fun even if we were in the last row of seats.
| Tyler's eating beef jerky. How much more American can you get. :) |
| I had plans to work on my tan all day. Seats were in the shade. |
When I got home my passport was in the mailbox, so it looks like I'm all ready to head to the Caribbean now! 60 days left.
What a great Memorial Day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment