Friday, November 25, 2016

Life Lately

The last month has been pretty full, but with some needed downtime as well. A lot of weekends I stayed in Columbus and drove to my parents and grandparents on Sunday afternoon to visit, which I think is a pattern I'll keep up in the future. More "me time" and quality time with the family without having too much time together! hehe.

As soon as I returned from Honduras I literally left 8 hours later to go to Indianapolis for the weekend. I had the fanciest hotel room (well, it was only one level, but still fancy!) and a great time at convention. I got to visit with prospective students, current students, alumni, and coworkers. Lots of fun and giggles. I even embarrassed myself (and got hurt!) on some of these inflatable games. One you had to jump off of a platform. From the ground you don't think it looks high, but then you get to the ledge!!! But I did it. Then I tried to run across these inflatable balls like on wipe out. Well, I wiped out! Video below. :)

My annual picture with the razorback. A tradition I've kept up for five years.

I've been talking with these girls at conventions for five years and now they're finally old enough to apply to college!

Pizza at Giordano's!!!! (And I got a selfie stick that day at convention, so I was pumped!)

The entire group the last day.

You can laugh. I did. :)

Cara came to town the following weekend and we celebrated Halloween and also went to the Ohio State/Northwestern game. It was so warm outside that day and the Buckeyes won, so it was a fantastic day!
A ninja turtle (Leonardo) and a mime.

Go Bucks!

The next weekend, I traveled home to celebrate my grandma's birthday and Layton's 4th birthday! I can't believe he's 4! I don't like to give toys as gifts - kids have too many - so I do experiences. I got him a movie gift card, so yeah it was just a gift card, but in a few weeks we're going to go to the movies and get popcorn and have a whole day of fun of Layton and Emily.


After Layton's party I went to Mam's to celebrate her birthday! Because it was the weekend before the election, we all showed up with our political attire on. I had on my buttons and socks, and so did my mom, aunt and cousin! Before we left, we took a group photo outside with my grandpa's yard sign. Unfortunately, a few days later the election did not go how we had hoped. BUT, I'm hopeful that everything will go just fine. 

Mam with her favorite granddaughters......:)

Ferguson gals for Clinton.

I even had Hillary socks! :)

A few other highlights of the last few weeks, I met up with Amber and Alicia to watch the Nebraska game at Pint House. We pounded the Cornhuskers and I went home to bed before it was over! :) #old


Another night we went to the Blue Jacket's game for a little GNO + Thom. He agreed to take the picture for us, but was creeped out by the fact we were comparing feet instead of watching the game!


My cousin Jon got married and I got to visit with some of my cousins and aunts. The reception ended pretty quickly after the Buckeyes game came on! ha. But we did get a little bit of dancing in before that happened. 


My fraternity had their semesterly Pearls Ceremony, which is for the new members to be officially inducted. Their parents attend, its a big shebang.

Somebody has to keep them in line.
And my favorite event of all....the Chase Rice concert! I really love a lot of his music, and I also really love to look at him! He played at the LC, so I got tickets and met Lindsay and Joyce there. I probably would have gone by myself. Before the end of the concert we were about three rows back. #iwasnotmadaboutit Then later as we were walking to our car, we passed the parking lot with his bus and got our picture taken with him. You can't tell from the picture, but I was shaking. haha.




He's a big Ohio State fan. And he's cute. 
Happy Thanksgiving. Happy Black Friday (I am NOT out shopping!) and Go Bucks! I won't be at the game this year because I stupidly did not get season tickets this year, just a single game. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily! How do I email you? I am working on a project in the new year that I'd like to talk with you about. mikaela@mikaelahunt.com is my email address.

    ReplyDelete