At the end of December I made 7 goals that I was going to work on this year. I missed giving updates in February and March because I wasn't blogging during lent (It was a needed break to show me how much time I waste online), so we'll just give a month 4 update.
1. Be at work on time every day. I suck at this. Plain and simple. I usually make it in by 9am. I for the most part always work through my lunch, so I'm still getting in 8 hours a day. But it needs to get better, especially with summer coming up and less and less people being in the office.
2. Cut back on 'after school activities'. I'm doing ok at this. I missed a few Bible studies to go to FH dinners and meetings and while I regret missing BSF, I made a commitment to FH as well. And I haven't been going to their exec meetings, which then puts me out of the loop on things. It's a loosing battle. And it doesn't help there are 834,049 activities going on this time of year. And I want to go to as many of them as possible to spend time with the seniors before they graduate and leave here forever. In three weeks it will all be completely different and I won't have these opportunities, so I will just enjoy this season while it's here.
3. Sign up for a half-marathon and get to the gym. I never paid for the Flying Pig Marathon and since there was a $100 fee hovering over my head, I have not been running. At all. So I think I'm going to pay for the half in October.
4. No fast food. I was doing good at this until one day I only had a little bit of time and ran to McDonalds withut even realizing it. And then I've been back several times since that. I haven't had Chick-fil-a, which is probably one of the healthier options in fast food.
5. No social media. This all is back in my life. It all started during Lent, which is odly enough when I was taking a break from social media for realz.
6. Study my Bible daily. I've done awful at this, especially since Molly moved in back in March. And I can tell I just don't feel as good about things when I'm not. And then I go to class and have no idea what's going on. And I'm lost. And can't participate. And just feel cruddy.
7. Be a better communicator. This needs to start happening again. Especially when another person and I just aren't on the same page about things. But there was one moment this month when I was very upfront about something when I could have just passed the responsibility on to someone else. I'm very proud of that and the reaction was good and makes me respect that person a lot more since they respected me.
So there's the update for April. Maybe now that it's getting warmer I will start running more. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment