At the end of December I made 7 goals that I was going to work on this year. So now that we're one month down, here's my update!
1. Be at work on time every day. This is still a daily struggle, but I am getting better at it. Some mornings I've even been early! My biggest problem, when that stinking cat of mine comes to cuddle AFTER my alarm goes off! And of course, I can't turn her away. Ugh!
2. Cut back on 'after school activities'. I'm doing much better at this. Only going to their main meetings and not all of the smaller meetings throughout the week or I'm scheduling one on one time with people I need to talk to during my work day!
3. Sign up for a half-marathon and get to the gym. I'm going to do the Flying Pig in May, I just need to register. Getting to the gym has been a different story. When I do go I run 3 miles, so that's a plus, right?
4. No fast food. Success! I have been doing really good at this. I think I've gotten two sweet teas from McDonald's in the past month, so not bad at all. A number of times I've been in a car going through the drive-thru and I just haven't ordered.
5. No social media. All my personal accounts have been deleted or the passwords have been changed. I did log on to facebook once to see how my friend's dad was doing following a very big surgery and I can't help but get onto Scout Ponder's instagram to see her new adorable photos. This needs work.
6. Study my Bible daily. I've been doing better. I download a plan to read the Bible in 365 days. BUT I haven't started it yet. I've been doing my BSF homework every night, but sometimes I'll do two nights at once, then skip a night. But I have been filling out my daily gratitude book each day. And I've attended some great Sunday services on gratitude and service this month.
7. Be a better communicator. I've also been doing really good on this. Telling someone the truth when it would be easier to just ignore them, or fessing up when I did something wrong - whether it's to my boss or my sister. I've been doing it and it feels nice!
And for giggles, here's a little convo I had with my dear friend Cara about not having our W2's yet. Please note what we both sent at the exact same time!
No comments:
Post a Comment