If you pay attention to college football at all, then you know that the Ohio State Buckeyes won the National Championship last night. No ifs, ands, or buts about it, we are #1! Thank you playoff system!
If you don't pay attention to college football, just know this - everyone gives Ohio State a hard time about being 'overrated.' We aren't as good as the SEC teams. "Even the worst SEC team is better than the best Big Ten team" they say. Well, WRONG! Ohio State is the best team in the country. We beat the top ranked Alabama team and we beat the #2 Oregon team. We would have beaten Florida State and TCU if we had to play them too! Go Buckeyes!!
I didn't go to Dallas for this game like I went to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. As much as I would have loved to have been there, I'm ok that I didn't drain my savings to go. A face value ticket for this game for faculty/staff was more than what I paid for my ENTIRE trip to NOLA two weeks ago. I can't even justify spending that money.
So instead of being in sunny Texas (just kidding, it was 30 there yesterday), I watched the game with friends at a local pub. It was great to be together with college friends again. :) And it was even better to see them under exciting circumstances.
 |
| Molly and Cara before the game started. |
 |
| Sarah, Abra, and Cara during halftime. |
 |
| Me and Kayla - that Badger turned Buckeye. |
 |
| Late in the game (Cara is 'catching a ball as a WR') |
 |
| Our game watching crew. We decided we're lucky and have to get together for every game. |
 |
| Oh Urban. Why are you making it so hard for me to not like you anymore? |
I had read online yesterday that Dick's Sporting Goods was going to open after the game to sell championship merchandise if we won. So since we did win, we all headed to Dick's after we left for home and got the 'Undisputed CHAMPS' t-shirts.
 |
| We are at Dick's at 1am! Why, cause we're the camps! |
I wore mine to work today, but paired it with a striped skirt and cardi. #dressycaus
Of course I went home immediately after leaving Dick's and went to bed. I missed all the ruckus around campus, but did hear about it thru social media. So I visited campus today and didn't really see anything out of the ordinary. We heard that a goal post had been torn down so Kayla and I went to investigate and sure enough it was gone!
 |
| No goal post in the South endzone! |
 |
| Wearing my championship shirt in the Shoe! Go Bucks! |
Now we have to wait a whole 7 months until football starts again in August. Wah! At least we've got basketball right now. I want to make it to a few games this year and attend a few Blue Jackets games too!
No comments:
Post a Comment