Sunday morning I ran in Ohio State's 4 Miler/Finish on the 50. Erin was running, so I joined in the fun. I have NOT been running faithfully lately. Like hardly at all. So I was somewhat worried about not doing well, but that wasn't the case at all. For not running more than a total of four miles in the past two months, I think I did a-ok. My final time was around 43minutes I believe, which was a 10:40ish per mile average, which I'm fine with. I stopped and walked for a few seconds while I drank my water at the two mile mark (yes, they only had ONE water station!). Of course, now that it's over I wish I hadn't walked during that break, then I might have been closer to 40minues. Why I don't know my official time is a story in itself.
I loved running through the stadium. We got to go down the ramp where the football team runs out and then down the field to the 50 yard line where we finished. I tried to tape this whole run into the stadium, but to save you from being nauseous, I'll just tell you it didn't work out. I need to get one of those "go pro" cameras that are made for active sports like running. But it was still very cool. There weren't 110,000 people cheering for me as I ran, just a few in the South Stands, but I still felt like an OSU football player. I also wish they would have let me stay on the field and get my picture taken instead of herding us outside.
 |
| Before the race! |
 |
| And after the race! |
 |
| With Peggy and Erin |
 |
| The awesome medal we got. Thanks Lindsay! :) |
After the race, we celebrated at Buffalo Wild Wings with wings and cheesy fries and I spent the rest of the day on the couch under blankets trying to warm up!
This was the weekend we originally planned to go to Savannah and run in the 1/2 Marathon there, but I had to work on Friday night, so it didn't work out for this weekend. I'm looking at the Nike Women's Half in DC at the end of April. Any takers?
So awesome you ran the race yesterday and I love the medal! I wanted to run it as my first race back but it seemed a bit pricey for just a 4 miler although it was probably worth the money just to finish on the 50.
ReplyDeleteI ran that race too. It was so fun and the medal was awesome!
ReplyDelete